Friday, January 06, 2006

On Being a Warrior

In my youth (early twenties) i used to fantasize about what ancient warriors experienced on a day-to-day basis. I was drawn in by the god-like self-posession demanded of Japanese heroes. It always lightened my day to imagine what kind of being sharpened all of their skills daily. So i'm on a meandering path toward that as an ongoing reality.

What brought this thought on? I started working out. I mentioned before the Body-Flow http://www.rmax.tv/ paradigm that i've been wanting to fall into. So i started training at Maxercise, a Gracie Ju-Jitsu gym in philadelphia headed by Steve Maxwell. So in addition to signing up for judo next month (no ready for BJJ i'm telling myself) i started to train my mind-body there. I'm doing some clubbell exercises
Bookmark and Share